City of Ellinger Minutes from the meeting of the City of Ellinger held on November 16th, 2023.
Attendance: Mayor Matt Mikulenka
Commissioner Kenneth Stojanik
Commissioner Cullen Weishuhn
0 Citizens were in attendance
1. Meeting was called to order by Mayor Mikulenka at 6:00pm at the City of Ellinger City Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance was recited to the United States Flag and to the Texas Flag.
3. Invocation was presented by Mayor Mikulenka.
4. No public comment. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to close public comment, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
5. Minutes from the previous meeting were reviewed. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to accept the minutes as read, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
6. Treasurer’s report was given. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to accept report and to pay all bills, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
7. Old Business:
a. No discussion on old business
8. NEW Business:
a. Discussion was held on a draft ordinance requiring owners of lots, for health and safety concerns to keep them clean of rubbish/weed. It was suggested that all city officials review the draft ordinance before the next meeting.
b. Discussion was held on what the latest news is with the General Land Office funding. The City of Ellinger’s application is currently under internal review with the grant writers and should be submitted to the GLO soon.
c. Set next meeting date and location: December 28, 2023 at the Ellinger City Hall building on 101 W. Shumacher St., Ellinger, Texas.
d. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to adjourn, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
Minutes for the November 16th, 2023 City Council meeting
Secretary City of Ellinger Attest.______________