City of Ellinger Minutes from the meeting of the City of Ellinger held on January 25th, 2024.
Attendance: Mayor Matt Mikulenka
Commissioner Kenneth Stojanik
Commissioner Cullen Weishuhn
0 Citizen was in attendance
1. Meeting was called to order by Mayor Mikulenka at 6:00pm at the City of Ellinger City Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance was recited to the United States Flag and to the Texas Flag.
3. Invocation was presented by Mayor Mikulenka.
4. No public comment. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to close public comment, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
5. Minutes from the previous meeting were reviewed. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to accept the minutes as read, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
6. Treasurer’s report was given. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to accept report and to pay all bills, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
7. Old Business:
a. No discussion on old business
8. NEW Business:
a. Secretary Weishuhn made a motion to amend the agenda to review the mineral lease presented by Jamie Batton of Engelmann Land Services, LLC, 2nd by Matt Mikulenka.
b. The mineral lease was reviewed and discussed with Mr. Batton, and motion was made by Cullen Weishuhn to accept the terms of the lease, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
c. Discussion was held on permitting and possibly creating an interlocal agreement with Fayette County this process. It was agreed to table the item to a later date and to gather more research on the subject.
d. Mayor Matt Mikulenka gave an update on the TDA funding and talked about the route of the proposed waterline that will be installed with that funding. It was made clear that the environmental study has to be complete until construction can commence.
e. Mayor Matt Mikulenka brought it to the councils attention that the city’s account with SAM.gov will need to be renewed and updated in May
f. Set next meeting date and location: February 22, 2024 at the Ellinger City Hall building on 101 W. Shumacher St., Ellinger, Texas.
g. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to adjourn, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
Minutes for the January 25th, 2024 City Council meeting
Secretary City of Ellinger Attest.______________