City of Ellinger Minutes from the meeting of the City of Ellinger held on December 28th, 2023.
Attendance: Mayor Matt Mikulenka
Commissioner Kenneth Stojanik
Commissioner Cullen Weishuhn
1 Citizen was in attendance
1. Meeting was called to order by Mayor Mikulenka at 6:00pm at the City of Ellinger City Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance was recited to the United States Flag and to the Texas Flag.
3. Invocation was presented by Mayor Mikulenka.
4. No public comment. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to close public comment, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
5. Minutes from the previous meeting were reviewed. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to accept the minutes as read, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
6. Treasurer’s report was given. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to accept report and to pay all bills, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
7. Old Business:
a. No discussion on old business
8. NEW Business:
a. Discussion was held on the election for Commissioner Stojanik’s position, who’s term expires in 2024. Motion was made by Cullen Weishuhn to order an election from the County, 2nd by Matt Mikulenka, motion carried.
b. Discussion was held concerning street light maintenance and adding some new lights. Motion was made by Matt Mikulenka to draft up a resolution to absorb the existing lights along the street Right-of-Ways and to add approximately 15 or so more lights, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
c. Discussion was held on future plans for a possible storage building/meeting room. It was decided to have the grant writer look into what sort of funding would be available for this.
d. It was announced that the CDBG funding had been approved and that there will be a meeting on this new funding on January 17th in Austin.
e. Set next meeting date and location: January 25, 2024 at the Ellinger City Hall building on 101 W. Shumacher St., Ellinger, Texas.
f. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to adjourn, 2nd by Cullen Weishuhn, motion carried.
Minutes for the December 28th, 2023 City Council meeting
Secretary City of Ellinger Attest.______________