City of Ellinger Minutes from the meeting of the City of Ellinger held on May 25th, 2023.
Attendance: Mayor Matt Mikulenka
Commissioner Kenneth Stojanik
Commissioner Joseph Lamer
3 Citizens were in attendance
1. Meeting was called to order by Mayor Mikulenka at 6:00pm at the City of Ellinger City Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance was recited to the United States Flag and to the Texas Flag.
3. Invocation was presented by Mayor Mikulenka.
4. No Public comment. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to close public comment, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
5. Minutes from the previous meeting were reviewed. Motion by Matt Mikulenka to accept minutes, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
6. Treasures report was given. Motion by Joseph Lamer to accept report and to pay all bills, 2nd by Matt Mikulenka, motion carried.
7. Old Business:
a. Concerning hazardous situation in the City, a letter will need to be drafted and reviewed for possible mass mail out to all Citizens of Ellinger.
b. Discussion on Right of Way agreement with Bluebonnet Electric was held. Motion by Joseph Lamer to accept Ordinance 2023-03 as approved by our legal counsel, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
c. On our possible agreement with the County for Ordinance enforcement, motion by Matt Mikulenka to table till more information is acquired, 2nd by Joseph Lamer, motion carried.
d. Item on right of way within the city had a motion by Matt Mikulenka to table item till our funding comes in from GLO, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
e. Discussions on road closure with in the City will be held at next meeting with changes agreed to at meeting. .
8. NEW Business:
a. CART, rural transportation, left information on rates and accessibility. Motion by Joseph Lamer to display information on our bulletin board, 2nd by Matt Mikulenka, motion carried.
b. Discussion on good time to go over next fiscal year budget. Motion to hold a budget workshop at 5pm on the 22nd of June by Joseph Lamer, 2nd by Matt Mikulenka, motion carried.
c. Request from Mike Schlabach to get approval to replace culverts at corner of Turner and Colorado Sky. Referred Mike to Resolution concerning culverts.
d. Request from the Chamber of Commerce to close Colorado Sky between Glover and 2503 between 9:30 am and 1:30 pm on the 28th of May. Motion by Joseph Lamer to approve, l2nd by Kenney Stojanik, motion carried.
9. Set next meeting date and location: June 22nd, 2023 at the Ellinger City Hall building on 101 W. Shumacher St., Ellinger, Texas.
10. Motion by Joseph Lamer to adjourn, 2nd by Kenneth Stojanik, motion carried.
Minutes for the May 25th, 2023 City Council meeting
Secretary City of Ellinger Attest.______________